Explore Cambodian wildlife and eco-systems
“Oops! We are very sorry, but the CamConscious team has yet to visit Chrork La-Eang site.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Hills of deep green forest and trails along a beautiful waterfall welcome tourists in Chrork La-Eang Village in Aural Wildlife Sanctuary, in the Western province of Pursat. The eco-tourism site is part of the world famous Cardamom Mountains, home to vast tropical forests and exotic animal and plant species. The forest of Chrork La-Eang is protected by the local community, who patrol it regularly to hinder illegal loggers from destroying their beautiful trees.
- Basic 1-3 bedrooms in a traditional house
- Local style toilet and shower
- Limited electricity
- Provides drinking water
- Parking: car, van, motorcycle
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Watching Wildlife including birds etc. that often appear during the evening
- Hiking to waterfalls with a local guide
- Swimming in the streams
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoying the rural Cambodian lifestyle
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
Traveling from Phnom Penh you will be able to take a bus/ mini van to Pursat town. Ask the driver to get off at Krakor market (apx. 41km before Pursat town). From there you need to find local transport to the site. Take the road number 55, in front of the gas station in Krakor. Keep going to the south and after 11km approximately and you will see the billboard for Chrock La-eang. So turn on the left, you will pass by Bamnak and take a right and pass by the Pagoda and keep going for 2 km.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES HERE
At this moment we are unable to take booking for this site.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
NOT TO BE MISSED
- Visit the Chrock La-Eang Waterfall, to swim and relax on the big stones.
- Spend the night over in the homestay and enjoy the rural life
- Hike in the forest and explore the beautiful forested hills
- Learn about local culture from the local families
1 – 2 DAYS STAY
You might want to visit local craftsmen working with marble and wood carving. This part of Cambodia is well known for these products. You can visit their workshops and see how they make large buddha sculptures as well as buy some locally made souvenirs.