PREK THNOUT COMMUNITY BASED TOURISM
Explore Bokor National Park and the local communities
“Oops! We are very sorry, but the CamConscious team has yet to visit Prek Thnout site.”Recommendation from the CamConsious Team
Located in the mountains of Bokor National Park less than 1 hour from Kampot town, Prek Thnout offers a great scenery to its visitors. You will find unique unspoiled nature, fresh air, spectacular evergreen forests, clean rivers, exotic wildlife (wild monkeys, birds, peacocks), tasty local food, tranquillity, peace and traditional rural Cambodian village life.
This site no longer offers homestay to its visitors!
- Electricity 24/7
- No Wifi
- Parking: car, van, motorcycle
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES
- Waterfalls and mangrove forest
- Watching Wildlife including birds, monkeys, and fireflies which often appear during the evening
- Hiking to waterfalls with a local guide
- Swimming in the streams
- Attending guided walks through the mangrove forest
- Taking a boat trip at night to see the mangrove forest and plenty of fireflies
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoying the rural Cambodian lifestyle
GETTING THERE & TRANSPORT
Prek Thnout is located in Kampot province, between Preah Sihanouk province and Kampot Town. It is partially situated within the Bokor National Park and can be reached by bus, minibus or taxi. From Kampot Town it takes a 30km ride along National Road 3 or a 90km drive from Preah Sihanouk province along National Road Number 4. Please ask the bus driver to drop you off at Prek Thnout village.
If you are driving your own motorbike: Follow National Road No. 3 west, towards Sihanoukville. After sign post KM174 (Trapaing 6 km) on the left, and crossing a small bridge, you will see the Eco-Tourism sign on the right-hand side. Turn right and right again, follow the dirt road for 5 minutes.
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION AND ACTIVITIES HERE
At this moment we are unable to take booking for this site.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
NOT TO BE MISSED
- Arrive before lunch: take a stroll through the village
- Enjoy delicious local food: visitor’s favorite is spicy fried BBQ chicken, a true specialty – this region is famous for its homegrown, organic chicken
- Relax & unwind in a hammock: recharge your batteries in nature
- Take a stroll through the forest to “Blue Water Pool”: Swim in the stream (500 meters / 15 minutes from village; only in dry season)
- Watch wild animals: monkeys, birds, peacocks, swallows & famous nests (only in dry season)
- Discover local flora / plants: wild orchids, passion fruit, bamboo, etc.
- Visit the local rattan furniture production: approx. 1.5km walk from village
- Return in the late afternoon: Back to Kampot or on to Sihanoukville
1 – 2 DAYS STAY
As this site no longer offers homestay to visitors, it is best to visit this site for a day trip from Sihanoukville, Kep or Kampot.